JCVI is a "green" organization striving to have a positive impact on the environment and community through our science, various practices, and programs. Join the JCVI team in doing our part to preserve the Earth's Natural Resources.
- JCVI uses green cleaning products and practices.
- All paper towels, toilet tissue, and Kleenex are made from recycled material or are biodegradable.
- Our toilet paper rolls do not utilize a cardboard tube which decreases the amount of wasted cardboard.
- Our pantries are all stocked with 100% biodegradable cutlery and plates.
- Paper plates are made from sugar cane pulp and are certified compostable.
- Plastic utensils are referred to as Spudware because they are made from potato starch. These utensils are also compostable.
- Stir Sticks are made from renewable sources of wood.
Water and Electricity
- Water condensate from the air handling system is recaptured and utilized for the irrigation system.
- High- efficiency frequency drives on specific motors help reduce electrical usage.
- Motion sensors and timers are used on light switches in common/mechanical areas.
Trash and Recycling
- JCVI was awarded the "2010 Business Excellence in Recycling Reward" from Montgomery County for recycling over 80% of our trash.
- Garden Club: JCVI provides our Rockville employees with garden plots where up to thirty employees can plant and grow their own fresh vegetables and herbs. JCVI is happy to provide our employees with an environmentally sustainable, healthy, and social activity.
- Biking on Campus: JCVI encourages its employees to bike to work. Throughout our Rockville, MD and San Diego, CA campuses we provide secure bike racks. This reduces the amount of employees who drive to campus each day.
COME HELP REDUCE OUR FOOTPRINT!