Genomics Scholars Program (GSP)
J. Craig Venter Institute Genomics Scholar Program is small and highly selective. Previous applicants are eligible to apply to the program. To apply:
- Submit your application at our Career Opportunities site. Click “View job opportunities” and then select “GSP Fellows 2016/2017 Internship.”
- Read the internship responsibilities and qualifications. Please note that you will need to be available for a full-time (40 hours per week) internship over the summer.
- APPLY! Attach as one PDF file:
- A resume;
- An essay addressing the following topics:
- How important has college been to your family?
- What interests you in science (or specialized area) and why?
- How does the GSP support your interest and professional goals?
- What strengths would your bring to the GSP?
- What can you tell us about yourself that we might not learn from the rest of the application?
- High school and college transcripts;
- Two recommendation letters from teachers or former mentors
Applications are still being accepted.
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (i.e., as they come.) If you are considered qualified for the internship, you will be contacted to schedule a phone interview. Applicants who receive a phone interview will be contacted within 2 weeks regarding their acceptance.