The Internship Program provides students (high school thru graduate) and educators with the opportunity to be a part of the groundbreaking science taking place at JCVI. The Institute offers both Semester (Fall/Spring Terms) and Summer (May – August) Internships. The internships run between 8 – 12 weeks.
If selected for the JCVI Internship Program, interns will:
- Interact with world-class scientists, including their Faculty or senior scientist mentor
- Participate in research projects tailored for their academic/professional experience
- Have access to state-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Attend seminars to advance the depth of their science knowledge
- Take part in workshops designed to help them develop scientific professional and soft skills
The J. Craig Venter Institute Internship Program is small and highly selective. To be eligible for our program, applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. JCVI does not sponsor work VISA's for our internship program. If selected applicants must be able to produce valid documentation in full.
Additional eligibility requirements include:
- Age 16 at least one month prior to the program start date
- A “B” average
- Full-time enrollment (students) or proof of employment for the upcoming school year (educators)
- Strong interest in a science career
- Summer internship: Available for 8 – 12 weeks full-time (40-hours/week)
- Semester Internship: Available for 8 – 12 weeks part-time (10-hours/week min.)
Some internship positions may entail additional eligibility requirements. Read each position description carefully to determine if it matches your qualifications.