J. Craig Venter Institute Internship Program is small and highly selective. Applicants must submit their application through our Career Opportunities web page. Select “view job opportunities” and select and apply to the position in which you are interested.
In the space set aside for attaching your resume, please submit the following in one file:
- A resume;
- An essay addressing the following topics:
- What interests you in science (or specialized area) and why?
- How does the Internship support your interest and professional goals?
- What strengths would your bring to the Internship?
- Let us know something about yourself that we might not learn from the rest of this application.
- Current high school or college transcripts as appropriate (does not have to be official).
Please ensure that the document is one of the following file types: MS Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text File (.rtf), or a PDF.
If a faculty member or senior staff is interested in your application, you will be contacted by them directly. Dates of the internship will be established via the needs of the mentor and the availability of the intern.
The dates of the summer 2015 internships are:
- College and Graduate Students: May 26 - August 14, 2015
- High School Students: June 22 - August 14, 2015