Renderings of the new JCVI Sustainable Laboratory in La Jolla, CA.
All images credit J. Craig Venter Institute.
- Principal Architect for JCVI La Jolla, Ted Hyman of ZGF Architects speaks with J. Craig Venter, Ph.D, Robert Friedman, Ph.D. and UCSD's Vice Chancellor for Marine Sciences and Director, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Tony Haymet, Ph.D.
- San Diego Mayor, Jerry Sanders meets with J. Craig Venter, Ph.D. and colleague Hamilton Smith, M.D.
- San Diego Mayor, Jerry Sanders with J. Craig Venter, Ph.D. and JCVI board member Erling J. Norrby, M.D., Ph.D.
- J. Craig Venter addresses attendees at the J. Craig Venter Institute's groundbreaking ceremony in La Jolla.
- UCSDÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢s Chancellor, Marye Anne Fox, Ph.D. addresses the audience at the groundbreaking ceremony.
- David Brenner, M.D., Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences and Dean of the School of Medicine, UCSD provides comments at JCVI's groundbreaking ceremony.
- UCSD's Vice Chancellor for Marine Sciences and Director, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Tony Haymet, Ph.D. addresses the audience at JCVI's groundbreaking event.
- [Left to Right] Robert Friedman; Tony Haymet; JCVI board members Tom Schneider, Bill Harman, Erling Norrby; Marye Anne Fox; David Brenner; J. Craig Venter; Jerry Sanders; and JCVI board member and UCSD faculty Susan Taylor.
- Design and construction team with J. Craig Venter and Robert Friedman [Left to Right]: Chuck Kaminski, John Fazio, Lily Chiu, Ted Hyman, Yann Palmore, Ron Hall, Bob Betz, Craig Venter, Craig Swenson, John McDonald, Christophe Bornard, Robert Friedman, and David Reed.
Laboratories: 12,247 sq ft
Offices: 17,074 sq ft
Conference Ctr: 1,925 sq ft
13,754 sq ft
42,787 sq ft
J. Craig Venter Institute
ZGF Architects LLP
Integral Group / IDeAs
STRUCTURAL AND CIVIL ENGINEER
KPFF Consulting Engineers
Andropogon Associate with
David Reed, Landscape Architects
David Nelson & Associates
SC Engineers, Inc.
Sustainable SoCal, Inc.
McCarthy Building Companies