2012 JCVI Internship Program Is Now Accepting New Applications
Wow! Another year has gone by. Its hard to think it is November - almost December with the warm weather we have been enjoying. However it did not start that way.
The 2012 JCVI Internship Program is open to accept spring and summer applications. The application process includes the submission of a resume, essay and transcripts as one PDF file via our online application site. We no longer require letters of recommendation.
Information about the 2012 program can be found at https://www.jcvi.org/education/internship-program.
For summer 2011, we received 544 applicants. Of these applicants, 30 Interns were selected (10 in San Diego and 20 in Rockville):
- 7 high school students
- 9 undergraduate students
- 13 graduate students
- 1 secondary teacher
The intern projects ranged across the Institute:
- A lethal set of virulence factors in uropathogenic E. coli?
- Expanding genome transplantation: Streptococcus thermophilus
- Random Assembly for Use in Swapping as a Tool for Genome Minimization
- Assembling terminators and promoters
- Developing Galaxy Tools for the Ordination Analysis of Meta-genomic samples
Good luck to all the applicants this year!